Monday, August 24, 2015

Fitness Goals/ Plans

Hello All!



On this lovely August afternoon I'd like to share with you some of my fitness goals for the next couple months. As of late, I've been very inspired and determined to reach my fitness goals. I don't really have a specific weight I want to get to. I only want to see a noticeable change in my body. In the past couple years hormones have caused my body to gain weight :/ Before I was quite thin and built very well for ballet. Unfortunately, my weight gain could not be helped for a while. I suppose it just had to happen. Though I was exercising more excessively, taking many hours of ballet, modern, and pilates classes, and eating very healthfully, my body wouldn't cooperate. At the beginning of July (last month) , though, I realized I would have to try something entirely new.

I decided to try a different kind of workout than I had ever done before. Right away I jumped into Kayla Itsines' BBG workouts!! She currently has two different 12-week programs out. I am nearly finished with BBG 1. Although it is technically supposed to be done in 12 weeks, I wanted to challenge my already strong (though not as thin as I'd like) body to finish earlier. My original plan was to get done in 6 weeks. That means I would have to do six of the workouts in the guide each week. I ended up not doing that much because of a couple family vacations. By the time I finish it will have taken me 8 weeks instead of my planned 6 weeks. Thankfully, I have already seen pretty big improvements in my shape!! I haven't weighed myself at all these past 8 weeks because I'm not as focused on the number on the scale as I am on a visible change.

All of that being said, on to my goals for the next couple months!! So, to start off with, on the 31st of August (next Monday) I will start BBG 1 again. I really want to redo the Kayla Itsines' first guide so that I can really focus on my form, use heavier weights, and get the most out of the pretty expensive guide as I can! This time I believe I will be able to finish it in 6 weeks (hopefully mid October!). In addition to doing those workouts 6 days a week, I will also add in running 3 days a week, stationary bike 3 days a week, a bit of weight lifting at the gym 6 days a week, yoga 1-2 times every day, and all of my dance classes that I take and teach each week! I know it may seem like a bit much, but I know from experience that if I don't challenge myself enough, nothing will change.


Now for my meal plan! Beginning August 31st I am going to do the U.S. Ski Team Diet. If you have never heard of it, I suggest you look it up!! Basically, it is a two week diet that is very high in protein, has almost no grains involved, and no dairy included. Don't worry! It is 100% safe and healthy, and from what I've read and heard, quite filling. After the two week diet, I plan on continuing to eat very strictly, but with a bit more flexibility in my meal plan than the diet allows. This just means adding in some dairy, maybe something sweet once a week, more variety, etc.


I am considering taking before and after pictures for either the two week diet, or the 6 weeks of the BBG workout guide. Maybe I'll do so for both! If I do, I will definitely post them on here :) I hope you all have some great health and fitness goals for this fall!!! Good luck!


~ Emma Grace




No comments:

Post a Comment